Monday, December 17, 2012

A new beginning

As I sit and think about the events in Connecticut on Friday, I am thankful to be able to hold my baby in my arms as I remember that there are others who will never see or hold their loved ones again in this physical world. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who struggle with the overwhelming loss. I hope that they may find peace someday. 

 I am now almost 4 months into my new life and I still feel lost. I am wandering and in search of my true self. All of my previous  hopes and dreams have disappeared only to make room for new ones. I am ambitious, determined and hard working. Only, right now, I don't feel like being any of those things. I am, frankly, tired of working so damn hard at everything. I know that I must make things harder for myself. Life can't truly be this difficult, can it? For now, I just keep going. Trying to keep my head above water. Truly thankful for the opportunities I have been given and blessed to have the support and guidance of my loved ones. The Dixie Chicks say it best when they sang "Taking the long way home". It is the background music in my life.

For months, I had no desire to do anything but fester in my thoughts and emotions. I have found peace in keeping my hands busy and creating things from nothing. Thank you to all of those that create such beautiful designs and share with the rest of us. If it weren't for your patterns, my hands would not be so busy. I will be sure to post pictures of the finished products with a link to the designer's pages at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment